Thursday, 11 June 2009

Sound - trains

I have managed to find on CD a sound effect of a train passing by, and another of a train pulling up, stopping and departing, which is ideal. I am using these effects at the very start of the piece (the train passing by) with Moira sat on the bench. I've now decided to begin with my foot in the suitcase with it on the floor beside me. This is to establish the relationship (which will become more apparent as the piece develops) Moira has with the bag - in the start she is connected to it and seems to struggle with it.

The second train sound effect will be used after the line 'Oh, I have to catch my train'. I am going to walk forward as if to the waiting train, and then stop with my foot hovering just above the ground, waiting. The train will then 'leave' and I will retreat backwards to the bench, slowly and wordlessly, to sit down again. The lights will then fade out.

I was worried that these sounds would be a little 'cheesey' although I think they work well to set the scene and create place. I will have to see how they sound in the main space.

No comments:

Post a Comment