Thursday, 11 June 2009

Costume















I chose these two dresses as my final two contenders for my costume.

I have finally decided to go with the black dress on the right as I felt that the red dress was slightly too young and also too short for Moira. The black dress has a pattern on it which is more dreamy and expressionist than the bold roses of the red dress. I felt Moira would be more suited to something less bold and daring.


For this piece I wanted to wear a coat as Moira is out in all weathers and at all times. I found this blue coat and loved the colour and the lining. It brings life to the character and a quirkiness, which is developing as I continue to rehearse, to Moira.


I will wear this over the top of the dress. Underneath I will wear a pair of beige tights. I did contemplate wearing a pair of old faded blue walking boots, however the practicalities of wearing these during some of my movement, especially the interactions with the suitcase, proved difficult and I decided not to wear them. After looking for some replacements I decided I wanted to be shoeless, with just the tights, as I think it adds an air of elusiveness to Moira and causes further questions to be asked about her character, where she has come from and where she is going. It also suggests that she can't go very far without her shoes (although this is not the reason she is not travelling.)

I am going to wear my hair down but with the front section pinned back into a small 'quiff'.

No comments:

Post a Comment