Thursday, 11 June 2009

Dress rehearsal

The dress rehearsal went well. As I had some time afterwards I made some small adjustments.

Firstly, I liked where the newspaper from the run had landed next to the bench. I decided to set this as I thought it gave the impression that Moira has done this before.



This is a moment after the very start of the piece. I decided I didn't like the way I was moving on the bench before my first part of text, so in the next rehearsal I changed to stay very still apart from some pedestrian movements such as pulling my dress down over my knee and adjusting my hair.

I also found the transition from sitting to standing (seen in the above video) unnatural so I rehearsed to make it flow better.



I've included this clip as after watching it I hated the way my voice rises at the end - 'in her voice'. It sounds too desperate and jars with the continuity of the piece so I practiced to stop this from happening.

I then worked on all of my vocals with a peer to make sure all my text was clear and the intentions of my voice were appropriate. This was incredibly helpful after having worked on text on my own.

I like the thudding made by the suitcase and my body during the piece as it brings moments of energy and for the placing of the bag keeps the sense of precision I discussed in an earlier post.

No comments:

Post a Comment