Tuesday, 5 May 2009

Concept

A woman arrives at a bench in a railway station. She is carrying one medium-sized bag, and is dressed smartly. We do not know where she has come from or where she is going to.
The station is a place of people going nowhere. Only the trains seem to have a journey.

The above is a rough idea of the 'place' and the 'character' in my piece, although elements will be subject to change.

Today's rehearsal mainly consisted of clarifying my concept and then using text to start generating movement. I will eventually come up with a script, but for now I want to use loose phrases and ideas to make as much movement material as possible, which can then be restructured and clarified. As this process evolves, so will the character and my initial ideas.

I've realised today that I need to be open to change and natural evolution, and not rely too much on sticking to a structure I've set out beforehand.

To do in the next week:
  • Keep generating movement - build some motifs
  • As this develops, start structuring text with movement.
  • I'd like to undertake some research/reading to help establish character and place.

No comments:

Post a Comment