Sunday, 3 May 2009

Beginnings...

Here I am at the start of my solo dissertation project. This blog will be used to document my ideas, inspirations, aims, process and progress.

My intention is to create a 10 minute physical theatre solo piece incorporating movement and text. As an artist the written word is incredibly important to me as a means of self expression and also to create a response in the reader/listener. I want to use text to create movement and structure the piece.

My initial idea is to work the solo around a monologue I will write, where the text is integral to the performance. I want to create a personal piece where the audience feels that they are witnessing something almost intensely private, and create a strong emotional response or a lasting feeling which remains after the performance ends. This does not need to be a particular message or thought provoking concept, I don't want to create a 'preaching' piece. I want to take the audience through the journey the character is experiencing and leave the ending open ended.

I will write separate blogs to discuss some of my inspirations and the films, books, and pieces of dance/theatre which inspire me and are informing the choices in my creative process.

No comments:

Post a Comment